Tuesday 9 March 2010

A lovely weekend away

We went off to a site near Banbury this weekend for a short break in the caravan. It's getting easier in the caravan now - as we are getting used to the bigger caravan and where things go in it, and how everything works, so the time to set up is back to under half an hour, and the same to pack up when leaving.

We are also getting used to caravanning with Elizabeth now - she's as good as gold, bless her, and seems to like the change. It was nice when we went home though, as I took her up to bed in her own little bedroom you could see she recognised it as hers by the big beaming smile when I laid her in her cot!

It's odd really - I like going away in the van, but it's always nice to get back home too - and I think Elizabeth sees it that way too! But, when I leave the van at the storage place and drive off I always feel a bit sad that the adventure is over - but I feel the same at night when I close Elizabeth's bedroom door after kissing her goodnight. I just can't wait until the morning when she wakes up and calls me - in I go and she sees me and beams at me! I pick her up and she is starting to really cuddle me now when I do that.

Aren't kids great?

A few pics of our weekend away (for posterity) - I don't suppose anyone actually reads this - but it's theraputic to type it!

All set up
This is us on the site.


We also went to Hook Norton - I love that village - I spent some of my formative years there, probably the happiest time of my life as a child. It was a perfect 'Just William' type of existance - no worries and plenty of huge garden to play in, when we weren't playing in the woods and fields.

Hook Norton Church Tower

This is the tower of Hook Norton church - where my brother was christened.

Keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment