Friday 26 February 2010

Another week bites the dust

Yesterday was the funeral of Veronica, the wife of my very good friend. I read the eulogy in the church. Oddly I found this incredibly nerve wracking. Not sure why as I am quite a confident public speaker generally. I tried to strike a balance of somberness with some humour from her life to lighten the atmosphere a little. It seemed to go down OK.

RIP Veronica.



For me the weekend starts tonight, when we go out with Nick's mum and dad and sister and family for dinner. Not sure where, or whether it's going to be any good, but it's Nick's dad's and sister's birthdays - so this is their treat. We'll enjoy it and have a nice time.

Tomorrow kicks off early as a man is supposed to be coming at 8am to put a new windscreen in the car. To be honest, I'm slightly doubtful that he will arrive before lunchtime, and even more doubtful that he will have the right windscreen with him. Why am I so cynical about these skilled tradespeople? Experience perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment